Highly profitable companies do not waste time waiting for a valuable product to sit around drying in the sunshine. Getting your product on the market quickly means faster return on investment to quickly increase the bottom line. The staff at Gulf Atlantic Industrial Equipment, Inc. is your best resource for product knowledge and application experience to help you achieve that goal – and we have the ONLY product available on the market to wash and dry material in a single unit! Read more below about our Dewatering Screens and the UNIQUE Aggre-Dry® unit.
Dewatering screens allow producers to sell material faster by eliminating waiting periods for stockpile drying. Many concrete and masonry sands typically retain from 18 to 24 percent moisture, which generally requires between one-to-two weeks of drying time before it can be sold. At the end of your operation, Dewatering Screens can receive a high percentage of water-saturated fine material and produce a dense, compact cake that rides up the belt and forms a pile with no runoff or water pools. The end result is a dry, transportable product—with a moisture content as low as 8 percent—that can be sold in less than a day.
The GreyStone Dewatering Screen is available in three different models—the DS-488 (4-ft x 8-ft), DS-6010 (5-ft x 10-ft) and DS-7212 (6-ft x 12-ft)—to efficiently dewater up to 300 TPH with no runoff or water pools. While most concrete and masonry sands typically retain from 18 to 24 percent moisture, the GreyStone Dewatering Screen cuts that moisture down to as low as 10 percent—providing salable material in less than a day.
Features and Benefits of GreyStone Dewatering Screens
- Adapts to each plant’s unique material by combining the adjustable motor force in conjunction with the adjustable bed tilt. Once setup is achieved with favorable steady-state conditions, operation starts with a simple flip of a switch.
- The sand stockpile produced stacks high and nearly dry, without forming water pools at the base of the equipment. Eliminating water runoff from material stockpiles helps producers answer local environmental concerns.
- A high-frequency separator allows producers to easily adjust bed depth, table tilt and vibrator variables to remove up to 50 percent of the water, while maintaining maximum production no matter how wet the material is.
- Two vibrators initiate a linear motion, driving particles in an uphill, downhill or horizontal direction—so water is strained down through the sand bed and below the screen deck.
- A urethane deck with a 1/4-mm aperture allows the user to dewater a broad range of particle sizes. The deck can handle up to 14 inches of material depth, making use of the bottom thin layer of material as a secondary “screen,” allowing the deck to preserve fines smaller than 200 mesh.
- A +/- 5-degree bed angle tilt allows producer to better adapt to material volume, gradation and water retention changes and create the proper material bed depth.
- A number of models are available to handle a variety of capacities to efficiently dewater up to 350 tons per hour.
- GreyStone’s Dewatering Screens are constructed of high-quality ASTM A36 structural steel for years of trouble-free service life.
- The Dewatering Screen utilizes two vibrators that initiate a linear motion, driving particles in an uphill, downhill or horizontal direction.
- A high-frequency liquid/solids separator allows producers to easily adjust bed depth, table tilt and vibrator variables to remove up to 50 percent of the water, no matter how wet the material is.
- The urethane deck dewaters a broad range of particle sizes and can preserve fines smaller than 200 mesh.
Need a Dewatering Screen AND A Fine Material Screw? – You Need an Aggre-Dry®
The GreyStone Aggre-Dry® Fine Material Washer Screen combines a fine material screw and dewatering screen to produce sand and gravel products with a moisture content as low as 8 to 13 percent, by weight, while using only 30 hp to wash and dewater up to 100 TPH. This patent-pending technology increases the saleable product by reintroducing the throughs from the screen back into the screw’s washing process while eliminating the need for costly pumps, cyclone sand separation systems, and excessive horsepower requirements.
The Aggre-Dry® is Energy and Cost-Efficient – A Combination That Can’t Be Beat
The Aggre-Dry® Fine Material Washer and Dewatering Screen combines the efficiency of a dewatering screw with the drying characteristics of a dewatering screen. It washes and dewaters aggregate material: a standard GreyStone inclined single-spiral fine material washer fine material washer initially dewaters the material, doing the bulk of the work. At the same time, the rotation of the dewatering screw scrubs the material to help remove surface dirt. The action of the screw flights sends the sand up the inclined tub, and ensures that the dewatering screen located at the top of the flights will be evenly fed. The vibratory dewatering screen further removes moisture from the sand. This combined process produces a caked, dry sand product that neither an inclined dewatering screw nor a vibratory screen can separately achieve.
What Makes the GreyStone Aggre-Dry® Fine Material Washer and Dewatering Screen Unique?
The GreyStone dewatering screen, curved around the spiral flights on the Aggre-Dry® Fine Material Washer and Dewatering Screen, has several unique features.
- Produces sand & gravel products with a moisture content as low as 8-13% by weight.
- Creates a caked, dry sand product and drip-free stockpiles with no runoff or water pools.
- A 0.25-mm screen opening reduces the amount of material that can fall through the screen.
- The feed from the screw allows the material to build to a bed depth of 14 inches on the screen, squeezing additional moisture from the sand as the vibratory motors move it along the length of the screen cloth, further reducing moisture content.
- In its most innovative feature, this GreyStone unit re-introduces the throughs from the screen back into the screw’s washing process, where the screw portion of the unit again pushes it to the unit’s dewatering screen, increasing the amount of salable product.
- This process eliminates the need for costly pumps and cyclone sand separation systems — along with the additional horsepower this equipment requires.
- In fact, the Aggre-Dry® Fine Material Washer and Dewatering Screen uses less than half of the horsepower required to process the same tonnage of spec product on a traditional screen / cyclone system.
- In addition, GreyStone has increased the water handling capacity of these units, making the Aggre-Dry® even more versatile for aggregate producers.
- Available in sizes to handle production of 100, 200, 300, and 400 TPH.
- Need Specs, A Brochure, or a Drawing – call 800-792-7427 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With high quality classifier configurations and the right equipment to supply all your washing, classifying and dewatering equipment needs, Gulf Atlantic Industrial Equipment, Inc. can custom-design a complete operation to meet your specific application and production requirements. You can even send them a sample of your pit run material for a free sieve analysis and recommendation. Email Gulf Atlantic at info@GulfAtlanticEquipment.com or call
The Aggregate and Mining Industries have always depended on Gulf Atlantic Industrial Equipment, an authorized dealer for the supply of GreyStone equipment, when they are looking for screening solutions in their operations. Gulf Atlantic features the complete line of GreyStone field-proven portable and semi-portable washing/screening plants, sand classification tanks and systems, single and twin fine material dewatering screws, single and twin coarse material washers, log washers, advanced computer control systems, portable sand plants, water clarifiers, rotary and vibrating screens, portable conveyors and radial stackers, blade mills, dewatering screens, portable screening plants, twin jets, cutter heads and aggregate reclaiming systems.
When you need assistance with sizing the correct equipment for your operation, contact the proven professionals at Gulf Atlantic Industrial Equipment at (800) 792-7427. With more than 40 years of experience, Gulf Atlantic provides solutions for material handling operations every day – you can trust Gulf Atlantic to solve your problems too.