Tired of unreliable material sensors in dust-filled environments? Then, you are going to want to read this. Enter the BinMaster Model NCR-80 – the 80-Ghz high-frequency non-contact radar level sensors. Problem Solved.
With a 4 degree versus a 10-degree beam angle and a 393-ft. measuring range, Gulf Atlantic Industrial Equipment brings you the BinMaster Model NCR-80 Non-Contact Radar Level Sensor that avoids erratic data and lost signals, provides better precision and a longer range of measurement – and it doesn’t even mind getting dusty!
So, How Does This Work?
It’s all about the echo – kind of like on submarines. Except in this case, this radar signal is an electromagnetic pulse that is emitted through the antenna, makes contact with your silo material, and is then reflected back to the antenna as an echo at a different frequency. The frequency differential is proportional to the distance and height of the material being measured. Simple, right? Not exactly. This is where the math and electronics come in.
The difference is calculated using special algorithms contained in the sensor’s electronics, where the material height is converted and the output becomes a measured value.
What makes this High-Frequency Radar Level Detection Better?
- Works in excessively dusty environments so it reliably measures solid and powdered materials of any bulk density
- Radar is really powerful over long ranges so it can even be used in narrow or segmented silos for single point level measurement up to nearly 400 ft in distance.
- The 4-degree beam allows precise aiming even in silos with internal structures or to avoid the flow stream and sidewall buildup.
- Works even under tough conditions: corrugated silos, excess noise from falling materials, and even high temperatures!
- Radar measurement is fast – nearly instantaneous reaction and updating times enables tracking even during the filling and emptying processes.
- Radar installation is simplified with loop power capability.
What are My Options?
- Put it Where You Need It
- On Top of Silos
- Over Piled Material
- On Domed Roofs
- In Storage Bunkers for Large-Scale Operations – like fertilizer plants
- Over conveyor belts to prevent overloading or empty loads
- Housing and Mounting
- Your choice of 3 housings: plastic, stainless steel, or aluminum
- Able to be swivel mounted to a directional mount that lets you target the silo output and angled roof mounts.
- Data Viewing Options
Level Sensor Device Selection Can Be Tricky
That’s why you should contact the level control experts at Gulf Atlantic Industrial Equipment to help you with your selection. Like a laser, non-contact radar has the limitation that it only measures a single point. So, if your goal is to obtain precise volume accuracy for inventory management, we would probably recommend another instrument, like our 3D Level Scanners. Those devices are able to detect material topography such as uneven piling or cone up or down increasing your inventory measurement accuracy.
And, as always, initial cost, as well as installation and preventive maintenance must be considered. Let Gulf Atlantic discuss your options with you and assist you in selecting the perfect level control sensors that will give you the information you need at the investment level you want to make.