Designed like junction boxes, Bray Series 70 Electric Actuators offer easy access to terminal block wiring, cam adjustments, and switch installation. The time required for field startup and adjustment is greatly reduced and maintenance can be performed with ease and safety. Bray Series 70 Electric Actuators have many advantages over other actuators including:
- UL, CSA and CE certification of most units
- Wiring directly to the terminal strip without interference from other components
- Simple and unique manual override handwheel system
- Lowest profile and lightest weight actuator on the market
- Simple finger or screwdriver adjustment of travel limit cams without interference from other components
- Highly visible valve status display on most units
Bray Series 70 Electric Actuators come with two SPDT mechanical switches. These durable, high quality switches are mechanically isolated and electrically independent. The dedicated circuits eliminate any voltage crossover between the switches. This switch combination is used for both open and closed positions of the valve and requires only one cam for each direction of valve travel. Bray’s design provides synchronicity between motor control and position display. Switches are easily accessible without interference from other components. Each switch is marked with open or close labels and the cams are color coded, green for open and red for close, eliminating the possibility of incorrect wiring.
Bray’s patented cam design is an outstanding feature of the Series 70. Cams for each switch are infinitely adjustable by finger touch or screwdriver with no special tools needed. The adjustment knobs rotate the specially formed cams. Each cam is color coded – the red adjustment knob controls the red cam (close position), and the green knob controls the green cam (open position). Standard factory setting allows 90° travel between open and closed positions.
Bray Series 70 Electric Actuators can be customized for hazardous locations.
- Torque: 300 to 18,000 lb-ins (34 to 2,030 Nm)
- Voltage: VAC 24, 120, 220; VDC 12, 24
- Standard enclosure: NEMA Type 4, 4X, IP65
- Explosion proof: NEMA 4, 4X, 7, 9; Class I, Div 1 & 2, Group C, D; Class II, Div 1 & 2, Group E, F, G
- Waterproof/explosion proof models are available for hazardous locations