The Rapidmix 400CV Volumetric Mobile Mixing Plant is ideal for soil recycling, soil cement, cement-treated base, soil stabilization, contaminated land treatment, concrete paving, roller compacted concrete, mine backfill, tunnel finings, marine dredging, and bentonite. Twin shaft, volumetric mixing technology makes it possible to change mix designs on the fly without returning to a batch plant or having to dump unused material. Volumetric mixers allow operators to control the precise amount of water added to any mixer as proportioning is based on volume, not weight.
Rapidmix 400CV Volumetric Mobile Mixing Plant Specifications
- Length of machine in transport mode: 63’ 11”
- Width of machine: 9′ 10″
- Height of machine in transport mode: 13‘ 5”
- Weight of machine total: 81,791 pounds
- Weight on rear tri-axles: 56,747 pounds
- Weight on front pin: 19,070 pounds
- Length when erected: 70’ 7”
- Height when erected: 41’ to 45’
Aggregate Hopper with Variable Speed Belt Feeder
- 6 cubic yard capacity
- 14’ 2.5” loading width (can be loaded from either side of the machine)
- Constructed of S275 plate with stiffening ribs; steep sides for difficult materials; end slopes of 60 degrees
- Removable division plate allows two materials to be used
- Surfaces are fitted with 0.5” low-friction, high molecular polyethylene lining material to aid the discharge of materials
- Outlet end is fitted with adjustable gates to enable the material height and ratio on the conveyor belt to be varied; gates are adjusted manually
- Conveyor is fitted with a heavy duty 3-ply, 4-foot belt at the bottom of the hopper to provide feed from the hopper to the mixer; conveyor is run by a geared motor drive with automatic variable speed control and equipped with adjustable rubber skirts and heavy duty support rollers
Twin Shaft Continuous Mixer
- Twin shafts mix material up to 110 RPM while moving material toward the end of the mixer
- Twin horizontal mixing shafts are fitted with 72 Ni-Hard cast paddles, intermeshed in a specially phased relationship to optimize mixing action and throughput
- Special attention has been paid to give users maximum access for maintenance and cleaning operations. The top of the mixer is fitted with hinged access covers, which when opened, give access to the entire mixing chamber. Additionally, both sides of the mixing chamber open via hydraulic cylinders.
- Shafts are driven by a 75 kW (100 HP) electric motor through a reduction gearbox with twin gears to synchronize the shafts
- Mixing chamber is formed by fabricated sloped sides with a troughed conveyor under the mixer forming the bottom of the mixer
- Mounted on the bottom of the mixer, forming the bottom of the mixing chamber, this conveyor allows the bottom of the mixer to be easily cleaned out, when production is finished. The mixer should be lined with a bed of material every morning before production starts. The conveyor is fitted with a low speed geared motor drive.
- Capacity of 48 US tons based on material being 93.64 pounds/cubic foot; capable of up to 60 TPH throughput
- Square silo design constructed from all welded box section S275 plate with stiffening ribs
- Folding access ladder with safety cage is fitted with double tubular handrail and kicking strip; an access hatch is provided on top of the silo
- Flanged outlet to suit the rotary valve paddle feeder; shut-off plate is provided to close the silo outlet to allow maintenance to the feeder below
- 20m2 reverse jet filter silo venting with fan assistance; pressure relief valve fitted to protect the silo from over-pressurization
- Two 4-foot steel filling pipes with screwed end for fitting cam locks or other type of delivery hose fitting
- Wam Torex rotating paddle style level indicators for high and low level control
Cement Paddle Feeder
- Rotolok 30-inch square, offset rotary valve paddle feeder to feed the cement or binder material out of the silo
- 2 kW (3 HP) geared electric motor with automatic variable speed control
- Transports mixed material from the twin-shaft mixer to the truck; conveyor is designed to handle the maximum feed rate from the mixer. A gob hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor allows some mixed material to be temporarily held.
- Boxed steel construction with mounting brackets for rollers and pivot mechanism; top section of conveyor incorporates a folding section for transportation
- 800mm (31.5”) 3 ply belt with heavy duty top cover and vulcanized joint
- Motorized drum with rubber lagging
- Polyurethane blade pre-cleaner scraper mounted on the face of the head drum
- A belt scale is fitted to this conveyor to monitor and control the feed rate and plant output
- Gob hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor with pneumatic discharge doors to prevent segregation; constructed from S275 plate; 1 cubic yard capacity
Onboard Water System
- 462-gallon water tank is fitted complete with automatic shut off valve and galvanized steel piping
- Two positive displacement pumps are fitted to supply two water spray bars within the mixer
- Each mixer spray bar has a ball valve to allow addition of water early in the mix, later in the mix, or both together. A calibration point for accurate water weighing is also included.
- Siemens mag flow meter accurately measures water dispensed between pumps and mixing chamber
- Equipped with a Hydrovane compressor to provide the air supply for the gob hopper doors and the silo filter
- Solenoid spool valves are fitted for the control of the gob hopper doors. A lubricator is provided for the gob hopper cylinders. Also equipped with a regulator and pressure gauge to adjust the pressure as required.
Hydraulic Power Pack
- Used to level the plant before erection and to erect the silo and outloading conveyor, the hydraulic power pack features an 11 kW electric motor, bellhousing, drive coupling, hydraulic pump, subplate pressure relief valve, directional valve, oil reservoir, filler breather, level gauge, and return-line filter.
- The operator panel of the Rapidmix 400CV Volumetric Mobile Mixing Plant consists of a series of push buttons to allow automatic and/or manual control of the mixer, cleanout conveyor, high and low silo alarm, air compressor, silo filter fan, low water alarm, outload conveyors, aggregate conveyor, silo feeder, water pumps, hydraulic power, internal and external lighting, gob hopper doors, auxiliary feeder, alarm mute, emergency stop, stop reset, panel live indicator, and generator start.