Rapidmix 400CW continuous weight mobile mixing plants collect material from the silo in weigh hoppers and then dispense the material into the mixing chamber for an accurately weight and mixed final product. The final weight is taken from the belt scale, on the outloading conveyor, before exiting the plant.
- Length of machine: 63’ 11”
- Width of machine: 9′ 10″
- Height of machine: 13‘ 5”
- Weight of machine total: 83,115 pounds
- Weight on rear tri-axles: 58,092 pounds
- Weight on front pin: 25,023 pounds
- Length when erected: 70’ 7”
- Width: 9′ 10″
- Height: 41’ to 45’
- Weight on front axle: 19, 511 pounds
- Weight on middle axle: 19,952 pounds
- Weight on rear axle: 18,630 pounds
- Hollow section members fully welded into lattice design with brackets fitted for attaching hydraulic lifting rams, bin, silo, conveyors, mixer, and all ancillary items which make up the Rapidmix 400CW continuous weigh plant.
- Standard tri-axle
- Single leaf steel spring suspension
- Standard air operated hub brakes with automatic slack adjusters
- Twin wheels on each hub, (4 per axle; total 12 tires)
- Rear marker lights, including indicators, brake lights, beacons, and side markers in accordance with regulations
- Aluminum treadplate walkways with handrails (at appropriate locations) are provided along the chassis of the machine for maintenance access
Aggregate Hopper with Variable Speed Belt Feeder
- 15.6 cubic yard capacity
- 14’ 2.5” loading width (can be loaded from either side of the machine)
- Constructed of S275 plate with stiffening ribs; steep sides for difficult materials (end slopes of 60 degrees)
- Removable division plate allows two materials to be used
- Surfaces are fitted with 0.5” low-friction, high molecular polyethylene lining material to aid the discharge of materials
- Outlet end is fitted with adjustable gates to enable the material height and ratio on the conveyor belt to be varied; gates are adjusted manually
- Conveyor is fitted with a heavy duty 3-ply, 4-foot belt at the bottom of the hopper to provide feed from the hopper to the mixer; conveyor is run by a geared motor drive with automatic variable speed control and equipped with adjustable rubber skirts and heavy duty support rollers
Twin Shaft Continuous Mixer
- Twin shafts mix material up to 110 RPM while moving material toward the end of the mixer
- Twin horizontal mixing shafts are fitted with 72 Ni-Hard cast paddles, intermeshed in a specially phased relationship to optimize mixing action and throughput
- Special attention has been paid to give users maximum access for maintenance and cleaning operations. The top of the mixer is fitted with hinged access covers, which when opened, give access to the entire mixing chamber. Additionally, both sides of the mixing chamber open via hydraulic cylinders.
- Shafts are driven by a 75 kW (100 HP) electric motor through a reduction gearbox with twin gears to synchronize the shafts
- Mixing chamber is formed by fabricated sloped sides with a troughed conveyor under the mixer forming the bottom of the mixer
- Mounted on the bottom of the mixer, forming the bottom of the mixing chamber, this conveyor allows the bottom of the mixer to be easily cleaned out, when production is finished. The mixer should be lined with a bed of material every morning before production starts. The conveyor is fitted with a low speed geared motor drive.
- Capacity of 48 US tons based on material being 93.64 pounds/cubic foot; capable of up to 60 TPH throughput
- Square silo design constructed from all welded box section S275 plate with stiffening ribs
- Folding access ladder with safety cage is fitted with double tubular handrail and kicking strip; an access hatch is provided on top of the silo
- Flanged outlet to suit the rotary valve paddle feeder; shut-off plate is provided to close the silo outlet to allow maintenance to the feeder below
- 20m2 reverse jet filter silo venting with fan assistance; pressure relief valve fitted to protect the silo from over-pressurization
- Two 4-foot steel filling pipes with screwed end for fitting cam locks or other type of delivery hose fitting
- Wam Torex rotating paddle style level indicators for high and low level control
Cement Paddle Feeder
- Rotolok 30-inch square, offset rotary valve paddle feeder to feed the cement or binder material out of the silo
- 2.2 kW (3 HP) geared electric motor with automatic variable speed control
- Transports mixed material from the twin-shaft mixer to the truck; conveyor is designed to handle the maximum feed rate from the mixer. A gob hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor allows some mixed material to be temporarily held.
- Boxed steel construction with mounting brackets for rollers and pivot mechanism; top section of conveyor incorporates a folding section for transportation
- 800mm (31.5”) 3 ply belt with heavy duty top cover and vulcanized joint
- Motorized drum with rubber lagging
- Polyurethane blade pre-cleaner scraper mounted on the face of the head drum
- A belt scale is fitted to this conveyor to monitor and control the feed rate and plant output
- Gob hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor with pneumatic discharge doors to prevent segregation; constructed from S275 plate; 1 cubic yard capacity
- 462-gallon water tank is fitted complete with automatic shut off valve and galvanized steel piping
- Two positive displacement pumps are fitted to supply two water spray bars within the mixer
- Each mixer spray bar has a ball valve to allow addition of water early in the mix, later in the mix, or both together. A calibration point for accurate water weighing is also included.
- Siemens mag flow meter accurately measures water dispensed between pumps and mixing chamber
- Equipped with a Hydrovane compressor to provide the air supply for the gob hopper doors and the silo filter
- Solenoid spool valves are fitted for the control of the gob hopper doors. A lubricator is provided for the gob hopper cylinders. Also equipped with a regulator and pressure gauge to adjust the pressure as required.
- Hydraulic system is used to lift and level the machine, erect the silo and out-loading conveyor; also used in opening mixer doors for maintenance and cleaning
- Hydraulic power-pack consists of electric motor close coupled to a hydraulic pump unit, oil reservoir, return line filter, directional valve, filler/ breather, and level gauge
- Lever operated control valves for operating the cylinders
- Double acting hydraulic cylinders used on jacking/leveling on 4 of 12 feet, silo elevation, out-loading conveyor fold-out, and mixer sides
Gen-Set Options & Features
- Electrical power for all machine functions or diesel-powered generating set rated at 200 KVA, 3 phase, 480/277 volts, 60 Hz, 1800 RPM at NTP conditions, powered by a Volvo Tier 4 Final, 6-cylinder turbo charged diesel engine with directly coupled brushless generator
- Heavy duty fabricated steel skid type base frame with anti-vibration mounting pads
- Electric starting system with heavy duty lead acid batteries and alternator charging system
- High capacity air, fuel and lubricating oil filters
- Fuel feed and return lines from engine to 12-hour capacity base-frame fuel tank
- Industrial exhaust silencer system
- Automatic engine shutdown protection equipment with LCD display for low oil pressure, high engine temperature, low coolant level, overspeed, and fail to start
- Complete circuit breaker enclosure containing ABB 3 pole molded case circuit breaker
- Instruction manuals and electrical wiring diagrams
Operator Control & Starter Panels
- Operator control panel consists of a series of touch screen buttons to allow automatic or manual control of the mixer, air compressor, out loading conveyor, aggregate conveyor, silo feeder, water pumps, mixer clean out conveyor, silo filter fan unit, internal lighting, external lighting, gob hopper doors, auxiliary feeder, high silo alarm, low silo alarm, low water alarm, alarm mute button, emergency stop and reset button, panel live indicator, and generator remote start switch.
- Operator control panel also houses the PC touchscreen based interface which allows the operator to store, edit and retrieve up to 50 recipes for the proportioning of different materials; manual rate meters which display the speed of the in feeds during manual operation; mixer amp meter to display the current being consumed during manual or automatic operation of the plant; and a thermal printer for printing batch and daily total tickets.
- Two starter panels: Panel 1 for mixer and Panel 2 for all other starters. Panel 1 is located behind the mixer and houses the contactors, overload relays, timers, and current transformers required to start and run the mixer motor using a star / delta sequence. Panel 2 is located under the operator control panel and houses all contactors, overload relays, MCB’s, Siemens or Emerson inverters, Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC, and all other components required to control the plant.
Commissioning: Setup, calibration, and full capacity run at customer site.
Manuals: Full operating and maintenance reference manuals are supplied with the Rapidmix 400CW continuous weigh mobile mixing plant.
*Specifications herein refer to plants built since 2015. Subject to very plant to plant due to modifications, upgrades, and special orders.