NAVCO BH Series Pneumatic Piston Vibrators are engineered to keep your material flowing no matter where it is stored. Whether it’s material sticking, bridging, or rat holing, bin hopper vibrators break up the log jam and get your material moving. They are available in ten different piston sizes to handle a wide range of bulk material and bin flow problems. Each size is offered in three distinct types of operation: impacting, air cushioned, or timed impact.
- Impacting units deliver a high energy impulse with each stroke of the piston. The impacting model is the most effective of the three in eliminating difficult flow problems.
- Air cushioned units trap a cushion of air at the base of the piston, eliminating the impact. Although the air cushioned models are quieter, a larger size is normally required.
- Timed impact models deliver a single high energy impulse triggered by the output of a timer or other controlling device. Timed impact units are particularly effective in applications where dry materials adhere to vessel walls.
Why use pneumatic piston air vibrators?
Downtime and process upsets can have a negative impact on productivity and profitability. Bin hopper vibrators eliminate process interruptions caused by lack of material flow.
- Linear vibration. Forces generated by NAVCO BH Series Pneumatic Piston Vibrators may be directed and concentrated in the problem area. The linear nature of the vibration force ensures no damaging shear forces are applied to the mounting bracket or storage vessel.
- High amplitude, low frequency. High-energy impulse vibration generated by bin hopper pneumatic piston vibrators is effective in reducing the strength of bulk materials and the sliding friction between the material and the bin wall. This is accomplished at low frequencies, without approaching potentially damaging resonant frequencies.
- Low cost. Pneumatic piston vibrators can effectively solve virtually any bulk material or bin flow problem at a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions.
- Low maintenance. Pneumatic piston vibrators provide years of effective performance when installed and operated properly.
There are numerous factors to consider when designing a flow aid system. Two primary considerations are the hopper size and wall thickness. Our representatives are ready to help you design the perfect flow aid system for your application: (800) 792-7427.