Rapidmix 600CV volumetric mobile continuous mixing plants feature silo venting to prevent over-pressurization, Ramsey belt scales, and Rotolok feeders with offset cleats to prevent bridging in the metering zone and ensure materials continuously dump into the feeder. Volumetric measurement exists when ingredients of concrete flow continuously and are measured by volume using a calibrated rotary opening, a calibrated fixed gate opening, or a combination of these, so a predetermined amount of each ingredient is obtained in a designated time interval. Continuous volumetric measurement with multiple ingredients requires the proper relationship among those ingredients be maintained. The calibration of speed and volume provides a smooth continuous release of materials resulting in your next homogeneous mix.
WATCH Rapidmix in Action
CHECK OUT Rapidmix 600CW
SHOP Rapidmix Parts & Spares
EXPLORE Leasing Options
GENUINE EQUIPMENT & PARTS • FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT • FAST SHIPPING
Specializing in the sale of industrial continuous mixing equipment and the distribution of genuine parts manufactured by Rapid International Ltd., Gulf Atlantic serves customers in the United States, Canada, and Central America. Don’t settle for anything less than working with an authorized Rapid International equipment and parts dealer.
- Length of machine: 63’ 11”
- Width of machine: 9′ 10″
- Height of machine: 13‘ 5”
- Weight of machine total: 79,060 pounds
- Weight on rear tri-axles: 53,705 pounds
- Weight on front pin: 25,355 pounds
- Length when erected: 70’ 7”
- Height: 41’ to 45’
- Construction: Hollow section members fully welded into lattice design with brackets fitted for attaching hydraulic lifting rams, bin, silo, conveyors, mixer, and all ancillary items which make up the plant.
- Running Gear: Axle type: standard tri-axle. Suspension: single leaf steel spring. Brakes: standard air operated hub brakes with automatic slack adjusters. Wheels: twin wheels on each hub (4 per axle; total 12 tires). Lights: rear marker lights, including indicators, brake lights, beacons, and side markers in accordance with regulations.
- Access: Walkways are provided along the chassis of the machine for maintenance access. The walkways are constructed from aluminum diamond plate with handrails at appropriate locations.
- Capacity: 15.6 cu yds (12.0 m3)
- Loading Width: 14’ 2.5” (4,330 mm); hopper can be loaded from either side.
- Construction: S275 plate with stiffening ribs; steep sides for difficult materials (end slopes of 60 degrees).
- Removable Division Plate: The hopper has a removable divider, allowing two materials to be used.
- Lining: To aid discharge of materials, hopper surfaces are fitted with low friction, high molecular polyethylene lining material 1/2” (12mm) thickness.
- Adjustable Gates: Outlet end of hopper is fitted with adjustable gates to vary the ratio of materials and material weight manually.
- Belt Feeder: The conveyor is fitted with a heavy duty 3-ply 4’ (1,200 mm) belt at the bottom of the hopper feed from the hopper to the mixer. The conveyor is run by a geared motor drive with automatic variable speed control. It is additionally equipped with adjustable rubber skirts and heavy duty support rollers.
Twin Shaft Continuous Mixer
- Mixing Action: The twin shafts mix the material at up to 110 rpm while moving the material toward the end of the mixer.
- Paddles: The twin horizontal mixing shafts are fitted with 72 Ni-Hard cast paddles, which are intermeshed in a specially phased relationship to optimize mixing action and throughput. Each paddle measures 7.625” x 5.625” (42.891 total square inches).
- Cleaning and Maintenance Access: Special attention has been paid to give the user maximum access for maintenance and cleaning operations. The top of the mixer is fitted with hinged access covers, which when opened, give access to all of the mixing chamber. Additionally, both sides of the mixing chamber open via hydraulic cylinders.
- Drive: Rapidmix 600CV volumetric plant shafts are driven by two 55 kW (150 HP) electric motor through a reduction gearbox with twin bull- gears to synchronize the shafts.
- Mixing Chamber: The mixing chamber is formed by fabricated sloped sides with a troughed conveyor under the mixer forming the bottom of the mixer.
- Clean-out/Maintenance Conveyor: Mounted on the bottom of the mixer, forming the bottom of the mixing chamber, this conveyor allows the bottom of the mixer to be easily cleaned, post-production. The mixer should be lined with a bed of host material for protection and to act as your wear surface prior to production. The conveyor is fitted with a low speed geared motor drive.
- Capacity: 48 US tons based on material being 1500 kg/m3 (93.64 lbs/ft3). Capable of up to 60 tph throughput.
- Construction: Square silo design constructed from all welded box section S275 plate with stiffening ribs.
- Access to Roof: The folding access ladder with safety cage is fitted with double tubular handrail and kicking strip. An access hatch is provided on top of the silo.
- Outlet: Flanged to suit the rotary valve paddle feeder. A shut-off plate is provided to close the silo outlet to allow maintenance to the feeder below.
- Silo Venting: 24 m2 Reverse Jet Filter. A pressure relief valve is fitted to protect the silo from over-pressurization.
- Filling Pipes: (2) 4” (100 mm) steel pipes with screwed end for fitting cam locks or other type of delivery hose fitting.
- Level Indication: Wam Torex rotating paddle style level indicators for high and low-level control.
Cement Paddle Feeder
- Type: Offset, cleated Rotolok 30” (750 mm) square rotary valve paddle feeder to feed the cement or binder material out of the silo.
- Drive: 2.2 kW (3 HP) geared electric motor with automatic variable speed control.
- Function: Transporting the mixed material from the twin shaft mixer to the truck. The conveyor is designed to handle the maximum feed rate from the mixer. A gob hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor which prevents segregation and allows some mixed material to be “held” for the next.
- Construction: Boxed steel construction with mounting brackets for rollers and pivot mechanism. The top section of the conveyor incorporates a folding section for transportation.
- Belt: 1,000mm (39.4”) 3 ply belt with heavy duty top cover and vulcanized joint.
- Drive: Motorized drum with rubber lagging.
- Belt Scraper: Polyurethane blade pre-cleaner scraper mounted on the face of the head drum.
- Gob Hopper: Hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor with pneumatic discharge doors. Constructed from S275 plate. 1 cu. yd. capacity.
- Water Tank: A 1750 liter (462 US gal) is fitted complete with automatic shut off valve and galvanized steel piping.
- Pumps: Two positive displacement pumps are fitted to supply dual spray bars within the mixer.
- Spray Bars: Each mixer spray bar has a ball valve to allow addition of water early in the mix, later in the mix or both together. A calibration point for accurate water weighing is also included.
- Flowmeter: Siemens Mag flowmeter accurately measures water dispensed between pumps and mixing chamber.
- Compressor: Rapidmix is equipped with a Hydrovane compressor to provide the air supply for the gob hopper doors and the silo filter.
- Valves, Regulator: Solenoid valves are fitted for the control of the gob hopper doors. A lubricator is provided for all pneumatic functions. Additionally, equipped with a regulator and pressure gauge to adjust the pressure as required.
The hydraulic system is used to lift and level the machine, erect the silo and out- loading conveyor, open mixer doors for maintenance and cleaning.
- Hydraulic Powerpack: This consists of electric motor close coupled to a hydraulic pump unit, oil reservoir, return line filter, directional valve, filler/ breather, and level gauge.
- Control Valves: Lever operated valves for operating the cylinders.
- Hydraulic Cylinders: Double acting cylinders used on jacking/leveling on 4 of 12 feet, silo erection, out-loading conveyor fold-out, and mixer sides.
This unit provides electrical power for all machine functions. Diesel powered generating set rated at 200 KVA, 3 phase, 480/277 volts, 60 Hz, 1800 RPM at NTP conditions. Powered by a Volvo Tier 4 Final, 6 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine with directly coupled brushless generator. Each GenSet features:
- Heavy duty fabricated steel skid type base frame with anti-vibration mounting pads.
- Electric starting system with heavy duty lead acid batteries and alternator charging system.
- High capacity air, fuel and lubricating oil filters.
- Fuel feed and return lines from engine to 12 hour capacity base frame fuel tank.
- Industrial exhaust silencer system.
- Automatic engine shutdown protection equipment with LCD display for low oil pressure, high engine temperature, low coolant level, overspeed, and fail to start.
- Complete circuit breaker enclosure containing ABB 3 pole molded case circuit breaker.
- Instruction manuals and electrical wiring diagrams.
Plant Control System
The system uses an Allen Bradley PLC to control all the plant functions for automatic control with manual backup. A touchscreen operator panel is used for the display of all plant parameters and functions. Operator control panel consists of a series of touch screen buttons to allow automatic or manual control of the following:
- Air compressor
- Outloading conveyor
- Aggregate weigh belt conveyor
- Silo feeder
- Water pumps
- Mixer clean out conveyor
- Silo filter fan unit
- Internal lighting
- External lighting
- Gob hopper doors
- Auxiliary feeder
- High silo alarm
- Low silo alarm
- Low water alarm
- Alarm mute button
- Emergency stop and reset button
- Panel live indicator
- Generator remote start switch
The operator control panel also houses the following:
- PC touchscreen-based interface which allows the operator to store, edit and retrieve up to 50 recipes for the proportioning of different materials.
- Manual rate meters which display the speed of the in feeds during manual operation.
- A thermal printer for printing batch and daily total tickets.
- Starter Panels: There are 2 starter panels. Panel 1 for mixer and Panel 2 for all other functions.
- Panel 1 is located behind the mixer and houses the contactors, overload relays, timers and current transformers required to start and run the mixer motor using a star/delta sequence.
- Panel 2 is located under the operator control panel and houses all contactors, overload relays, MCBs, Siemens or Emerson inverters, Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC., and all other components required to control the plant.
The plant is fully guarded with galvanized steel to protect operator. The sides of the plant are finished with guard rails, the mixing chamber is lined with metal/mesh guards which are used throughout to ensure visibility of moving parts while providing protection from harm.
After fabrication and hoppers items are manually (shot) blast cleaned in our Blast Room toSa2 standard. Immediately after blasting all items are transferred into our enclosed state of the art Paint Booth/Oven. We then apply a 2-pack epoxy primer and a 2-pack polyurethane gloss finish coat. During the paint process the oven facility is used to bake as required at temperatures up to 80°C. Anything stated as galvanized will not be painted.
Additional Rapidmix 600CV Volumetric Features
- Alarms & Safety: Emergency stops and safety pull switches are located throughout the plant.
- Commissioning: Setup, calibration, and full capacity run at customer site.
- Manuals: Full operating and maintenance reference manuals are supplied with the machine.
- Optional Additive Meter: Liter counter and additive pump to measure the flow rate of additive into the mixer. This is not included with the standard plants, but can be added at an additional cost.