Eliminate overfill issues, reduce inventory loss, and lower costs with BinMaster’s 3DLevelScanners.
Ideal for inventory management in dusty environments (especially when material is clumpy and tends not to flow well), BinMaster’s 3DLevelScanners use acoustic technology to “map” material surface areas in silos larger than 60 feet wide. If your operation experiences the following challenges, 3DLevelScanners are the smart solution to overcoming inaccurate silo inventory measurement:
- Uneven piles. If the material surface is irregular, a single measurement point in the silo won’t render volumetric accuracy.
- Large diameter silos. Multiple measurements – combining multiple sensors – make volume accuracy far better in wide silos where levels can vary significantly.
- Safety stock headaches. Increase your ROI when you reduce the need for excessive safety stock and carrying costs.
- Inaccurate volume. If you’re constantly suffering from discrepancies, multiple measurements will yield higher accuracy by factoring in cone up or down conditions and sidewall buildup.
- Expensive materials. A few percentage points of inventory can represent tens of thousands of dollars.
- Mistaken inventory valuation. Inaccuracies in financial accounting can lead to write-offs and maybe even the difference between profit and loss.
- Multiple filling or discharge points. This can cause surface irregularities and in severe cases, cause structural stress on the vessel.
- Dusty conditions. Acoustic pulses are immune to dust, ensuring measurements are reliable.
- Visual impairment. A 3D image provides visual confirmation of material behavior – something available only from a 3DLevelScanner.
- Not enough storage capacity. Operations can optimize storage capacity and minimize ground storage.
The acoustic technology employed by Binmaster’s line of 3DLevelScanners has proven best for relatively “quiet” bins used in cement, grain, mining, plastics, and power applications. And conveniently, the vibration created by the acoustic technology has the added benefit of self-cleaning the sensor!